Waldorf Astoria Reaches 72% Sold and Ground Breaking Scheduled for 2022
Things are moving along with Waldorf Astoria Miami Hotel and Residences. At just 72% sold, developers have officially announced the ground-breaking for the elusive 100-story Miami tower.
The pre-construction tower is being developed by PMG (Property Markets Group and Greybrook Realty Partner in a joint collaboration. Rising 1,048 feet tall, Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Residences Miami will be the tallest Miami tower and Miami's first supertall skyscraper.
According to the Managing Partner of PMG, Ryan Shear, the 72% mark was achieved in just 9 months. Shear also stated, “Miami is booming and quickly entering a new development cycle, and we are thrilled to be part of the Waldorf Astoria Miami’s legacy, which will forever transform the city’s skyline."
In the press release of Waldorf, the developers stated that around 55% of buyers are domestic while 45% are international buyers. Most of the domestic buyers were from the Northeast, California, and South Florida. The international buyers include Mexico, Russia, Turkey, and Colombia.
This luxury project will include 360 condo residences, 205-key hotel rooms operated by Waldorf Astoria.
- Private bar/wine tasting room
- Signature restaurant
- Meeting and boardrooms
- All-day dining brasserie
- Waldorf Astoria Kids Club
- Peacock Alley
- True Waldorf service and concierge
- 24-hour valet parking
- Waldorf Astoria immersive resort-style pool with outdoor cafe and private cabanas
- 24-hour doormen and lobby desk attendants
- Live-in resident manager and 24-hour security
- 24-hour concierge services as well as access to dedicated on-site professionals
- Signature spa
- A leading-edge fitness center with private training studios
- Owners Lounge with high ceilings, billiard and entertainment room, and adjacent catering kitchen
- Private residential pool deck with whirlpools and lounging areas
- Frontdoor package and service delivery via signature Concierge Closet
- Exclusive Waldorf Astoria Miami access and benefits, including preferred spa and restaurant rates and access to a la carte hotel services
- The latest "smart building" technology with a custom Waldorf Astoria Residences app linking residents to 24-hour concierge services and building amenities
- 10-foot-high ceilings with floor-to-ceiling windows sporting stunning views of the city, Biscayne Bay, Miami Beach, and the Atlantic Ocean
- All residential interiors designed by award-winning interior design firm BAMO
- A contemporary lighting package including recessed lighting, dimmers, and lighting control
- Includes integrated audio, video, and lighting systems
- Fully built-out closets in all residences curated by BAMO
- Flooring selections included with specifications recommended by BAMO
- Built-in top-of-the-line in-unit washer and dryer
- Valet parking included
- Pre-wired for high-speed communications and data connection
- Sub-Zero and Wolf appliance package with wine storage and integrated paneled microwave, dishwasher, built-in convection oven, and refrigerator/freezer
- Kitchens featuring custom Italian cabinetry curated by BAMO
- Dornbracht and Duravit bathroom fixtures and accessories
- Master bathrooms with rainfall showers and custom Italian vanities
The building was designed by Carlos Ott and Sieger Suarez Architects. The design will resemble nine large, staggered/stacked glass cubes. The interiors of Waldorf Astoria Residences Miami were designed by BAMO.
Currently, there is a construction permit currently under review with Miami's Building Department. The groundbreaking is scheduled for the first quarter of 2022 with a completion date set for 2026.