New Features of the Miami Condo Investments Blog
Some of you may have already noticed a few of the new features that have been added to this blog within the last 2-3 weeks. However, I’m sure that many of you are still not aware of some of them. I thought I’d write a blog post to highlight those new features to make everyone aware of them.
- Miami Condo Listings – You will now find the IDX listings for the major condo buildings located in Brickell, Brickell Key, Downtown Miami, Park West and the Edgewater (the latter three are grouped under the heading “Miami”) at the top of the second column of this blog. There are links to the right of each condo development name to view condo units listed for sale, as well as the units available for rent. Click on the “Brickell”, “Brickell Key” or “Miami” headings to expand each category to view condo developments within each.
- RSS Subscription – You can also now subscribe to new condo development listings, via an RSS feed, to receive daily updates. Just click on the orange square to the left of each condo development name in the second column of this blog. That should take you to a page to choose the RSS reader of your choice. You will then be made aware of new listings that become available within the building or buildings that you have an interest in via your RSS reader.
- Miami Condo Statistics – The faithful readers of this blog have probably noticed that I haven’t been as good about providing a monthly update to the Brickell and Brickell Key condo indexes as I have in the past. This is because I’ve been busy working with my developer to provide everyone with something better. My ultimate goal has always been to provide these statistics to people in “real-time”. I want potential investors and buyers to not only view, but also compile, these statistics as they see fit. I also don’t want to limit access to the statistics to only the buildings located in Brickell and Brickell Key. Additional areas of South Florida will be added in future months. If you click on a condo development’s “Sales” or “Rent” link you will find a grid revealing information about the various listings that are either for sale or for rent, categorized by the number of bedrooms. You can now export these grids to Microsoft Excel by clicking on the “Export” link found at the top of each category. This will allow you to compile the statistics as you see fit. By the end of the week, averages should also be presented towards the bottom of each column automatically. Additional statistics, such as pending and closed sales, will be added in future months as well. This is still a work in progress. (Note: Each column heading definition can be found towards the bottom of the page.)
- Miami Condo Rental Statistics – One of the top questions I receive from investors is “How much can I rent this condo for in this market?”. I’m very upfront and honest but I understand that investors may have some doubts when speaking to a Realtor. I want to provide transparency like no other. I’m now allowing you to look at the numbers for yourself. If you click on a condo development’s rental listings you will find a grid that shows the rental price per square foot categorized by the number of bedrooms in the condo development. Feel free to export those figures to Microsoft Excel by clicking on the “Export” link at the top. I also have future plans to show investors the price that units have rented for within the past 12 months. I want you to know the numbers just as well as I do. You’ll likely not know the product as well as I do, but knowing the numbers establishes a solid foundation for when you call or email me. I’ve been promising a rental condo index for the past couple of months. This is it.
- View Individual Condo Listings in Miami – Once you arrive at the page showing the available listings within each condo development in Miami, click on any of the listings to view additional information, such as pictures, IDX comments, amenities, MLS number, etc.
- Miami-Dade County Property Search – The Miami condos search page is back. This too, however, is still a work in progress. The ability to distinguish between waterfront and non-waterfront properties should be implemented within the next couple of days. In the meantime, feel free to utilize this new feature to search for condos in Miami-Dade County. I decided not to add South Florida counties, outside of Miami-Dade County, at this time because I don’t have the time to field those inquiries. However, they too will be added in the future once I find somebody like-minded to accommodate those inquiries.
- Miami Condos Map – It’s not up yet, but the Miami Condos Map should be available by the end of the week, so keep an eye out for it. This will likely be a great way for people who aren’t local to South Florida to search for properties. The link for the Miami Condos Map will be found at the top of each page once it goes live.
Like I said, this blog is still a work in progress. There are many more features that will be included on this blog in the months to come. Feel free to leave comments to let me know how I can make this blog even better.