Enhancements to the Miami Condo Investments Website
I began to work closely with my website developer this past week to once again launch new features to the Miami Condo Investments website. Some of the features and updates have already been implemented while several others will soon follow.
Many of you have already noticed that I’ve added the ability for people to view recent rentals of condos in the major condo buildings throughout South Florida. It’s only half the picture to see what landlords are hoping to get in rent for their condos. Now, you can view what landlords were actually able to get in rent for their condos, along with the asking price, the date it rented and number of days on the market (DOM) that the condo remained before securing a tenant. To view this information, click on the View All Miami Condos link on the homepage. From this page, you’ll also be able to view available condos for sale, recent sales of condos and available condos for rent for a number of condo developments located in the Arts District of Miami, Aventura, Bal Harbour, Brickell, Brickell Key, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Downtown Miami, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach and Surfside. The historical condo sales and rental prices will be updated about twice per month.
The condo listings widget in the second column of the homepage has also been modified. My website developer has now given me the ability to create my own neighborhood names. The Miami category has been eliminated and replaced with the Arts District (Miami) category. South Beach was added as well to separate those condo buildings located in South Beach from those located throughout the rest of Miami Beach. I’ll probably further subdivide Miami Beach into various neighborhood names. This should allow for people to more readily access the listings of condo buildings in the neighborhoods in which they most have an interest. A few condo buildings that previously weren’t included on the condo listing widget have now been added.
I finally got around to updating the Condo Rankings page. I adjusted some of the values of the various Miami condo buildings. The two that I tweaked the most were the location and risk adjustment values. I added Icon Brickell and Ivy at Riverfront to the list as well.
I tend to update the Condo Deals page every 2-3 days but, due to my two week vacation, I fell behind. Earlier this week, I decided to start from scratch and provide a fresh list of the best condo deals in South Florida. Some of the stale listings were also removed earlier this afternoon.
I’m excited about some of the new features that you should see soon. Some of these features will probably roll out within the next week or two while others may take a few months.
- Condo Development profile pages – Each and every condo development that I have listed on the View All Miami Condos page will have its own profile page. This page will display a summary of the condo development, various pictures, amenities included, links to available sales and rentals and informational tid-bits about the development such as architect, developer, year built, number of units in the building, etc. This will take a while to enter all the information on the back-end so it’ll likely be a long work in progress but you should begin to see the first of many profile pages within the next week or two. The condo development name located on the View All Miami Condos page will be hyperlinked once a profile page becomes available.
- Stats & Trends – Lots of stats and graphs of the overall market and various South Florida condo developments included on this site sums up this new enhancement. You’ll be able to choose a condo development, view various stats over a period of time, chart these stats to view trends and even overlay other condo developments to cross-analyze them. This enhancement will likely be integrated into the site within the next month.
- Floor plans – This has been something badly needed for this site. I have the floor plans for most of the new condo developments in Miami. However, it’ll probably be another 1-2 months before you begin to see floor plans appear on the condo development profile pages. My website developer still needs to build a nice, clean way to implement this. I want something that doesn’t look too cluttered nor requires lots of scrolling.
- Property Search – The property search results page will receive a minor face-lift as well. Each listing will accompany additional information and the ability to view multiple pictures without ever leaving the results page. This will cut down on time going back and forth between listings which was previously required. You’ll now be able to more easily pin-point the listings that are of most interest. You’ll see this addition within the next week.
- Saved Searches – Visitors will be able to create a login name, establish a saved search and receive new listings that match the saved search via email. This will be implemented within the next week or two.