Building Profile Pages & Condo Graphs Now Available
Some of you have already noticed that a few additions were made to the website late last week. The most notable is the new building profile pages that have been created for over 200 condo developments in South Florida. A wealth of information can now be found on these pages. Below, I highlight a few of the key features. You can access these new pages by clicking on either the rental or sales links for each building on the neighborhood widget or by clicking on the appropriate link on the View All Miami Condo Sales and Rentals page.
- Photos – Each building now has at least 1-2 building pictures that can be viewed. Most of these are stock photos but my plan is to remove those and replace them with at least 10-20 pictures that I have taken on my own of each building as well as some pictures of units. This will take some time, however, as I will need to select the best photos for each building that I’ve taken and also watermark them. Obviously, I will also need to take photos for those condo buildings that are missing from my collection.
- Availability and Recent Sales/Rentals – You can access available sales and rentals as well as recently closed sales and rentals from the building profile page. These four links are located under the “Show Me” section.
- Condo Graphs – This is by far the most exciting feature found on the new building profile pages. Visitors can now graphically view historical sales and rental data from the MLS. Keep in mind that the sales graphs won’t provide much insight for newer buildings that haven’t had many resales within the past year. Unfortunately, developers rarely list their inventory in the MLS. However, investors will greatly appreciate the historical rental graphs where they can now view an array of statistics plotted graphically. For example, the 900 Biscayne Bay rental graph below displays the average list price per square foot vs. average rental price per square foot over the past year. You’ll notice that the average list price for rentals has ranged from $2.19 per square foot to $2.40 per square foot while the average closed price has ranged from $1.78 per square foot to $2.23 per square foot. (If these auto-generated condo graphs don’t catch the attention of Joel Burslem at Future of Real Estate Marketing then I don’t know what will.)
- Section with Tabs – Below the Condo Graphs you’ll find a section with anywhere from 2 to 6 tabs. I need to manually enter most of the information that will be found in these tabs so it will take some time to complete. Take a look at the Marina Blue profile page for an example of what will be displayed in those 6 tabs.
- Building Features – Will display a list of amenities for each condo building
- Residence Features – Lists unit features as delivered by the developer
- Utilities Included – Displays the utilities that are included in the HOA fees/rental price
- Restrictions – Pet and rental restrictions will be found here for each condo building
- Local Map – Each building is plotted on a Google Map from which site visitors can quickly find nearby banks, grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants, etc.
- Resident Reviews – You can now leave a review for condo developments in South Florida with which you are familiar
Hope everyone enjoys the new features. Floor plans will be the next feature to be added to the building profile pages. Those will be found below the tabbed section once I start adding them. The back-end development work has already been completed for the floor plans but I first need to test it out. Hopefully within the next 1-2 weeks you’ll start to see floor plans for newer buildings in Miami begin to appear on the building profile pages.
My website developer is currently working on a new Condo Deals page for me. Business has picked up considerably these past three months so I haven’t had time to actively maintain the current page. We’re working on integrating a Condo Deals page that will be fully automated and always up-to-date. I’m also working on a very exciting new feature that should be ready to be launched by October 1st. That one is going to leave my competition in the dust!